Thursday, August 09, 2012

Morning tribulations

Wake up at 5 am purpose driven. Not necessarily organized but on a mission to complete a quilt top. Sit dpwn at the sewing machine and turn on the AC (the humidity in NYC is already kick'n). Out flies a BEE. A big ole' black bumble bee. Not trying to get side tracked from my mission I try to see how he is flowing; will he land and chill out or cause me to take immediate action. As I start sewing the bee becomes atracted to the overhead light, flies into the the center of the energy saving bulb and then falls crashing into the sewing machine. I jump up and fly across the room (there goes the work with the bee in theroom plan). Then I can't see or hear him. When he resurfaces my question is answered. He has got to go - NOW! I put on my McGiver moves and create a net with some toole and floral wire. After a few tries I catch him as he hovers by the window, then  run him downstair to the front door and set him free. And so goes the wake up early to get work done mission.