Saturday, August 11, 2012

Breakfast with Kaffe

Woke up this morning to finish a quilt top that I actually started last year. " Fassett Your Seat Belts" uses the same pattern as my "Digital Butterscotch Mocha" with some abbreviated design elements. The fabrics are batiks with various colors of a fabric design from one of Kaffe Fassett's collections.


If you don't already know of him Kaffe Fassett is a American Born Fiber artist who has studied and built his career in England. Quilters know him for his fearless use of color and books that make you want to run to the fabric store and the sewing machine. I hope to have 2 throw quilts that incorporate his fabrics completed and displayed for sale at the upcoming Harlem Week 2012 festival. With 2 quilt tops near completion (they just need some sashing) I will be forced to clear of the long arm and get to work!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad