Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sisters in Scarf Art

When I first encountered the scarfs of Artist Audrey Weaver I didn't get it. Though at the time I was not familiar with her various types of work she was well known amongst the New York "Tribal" elite. Her "scarf dressings" adorn the most fashionable wearable collectors but I just didn't get it. It was just a scarf right? Then some years ago I had the opportunity to host Ms Weaver and her artistrt at several of the Harlem Aesthetic events I host at my home. The ladies came looking specifically for her and left with elegant and funky finds. Tried a few myself and was hooked. I now own 3 scarves and 3 hats by Audrey. Her scarves and a current interest in surface design has driven me to create scarves if my own. Sometimes it's the little things that can dress up an average outfit and make you feel fabulous. Hope my work is as well relieved and cherished.